[logback-dev] Release of logback version 1.3.0-alpha13

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Mon Jan 31 18:30:26 CET 2022

Hello all,

I am happy to announce the release of logback version 1.3.0-alpha13. It
requires slf4j-api version 2.0.0-alpha5 or later.

Starting with this release, future logback releases will be
reproducible. This means that anyone checking out the code corresponding
to the release version from github and building that local copy, will
get obtain an identical binary to the binary found on Maven central.
Note that due to issue MJAR-275 with the module-info.java produced in
earlier java versions, reproducible builds require Java 18.

As of version 1.3.0-alpha13, after a Model is created from XML, Model
processing is independent of any XML related code. This is was the last
major hurdle to implementing new features in the 1.3.x series.

For benchmarking figures please see:

  http://logback.qos.ch/performance.html

This version supports the fluent-API introduced in SLF4J
2.0.x. It also supports Jigsaw/Java9 modularization.

Joran, logback's configuration system, has been rewritten to use
an internal representation model which can be processed
separately. Given the breadth of the changes, support for
SiftingAppender and Groovy configuration have been dropped
temporarily.

No new features are available in this version. Future releases
will gradually introduce new features made possible by Joran
representation model.

The 1.3.x series requires Java 8 at runtime. If you wish to build
logback from source, you will need Java 9. Reproducible builds require
Java 18.

Donations and sponsorship

You can also support SLF4J/logback/reload4j projects via donations and
sponsorship. We thank our current supporters and sponsors for their
continued contributions.

Sponsorship link:  https://github.com/sponsors/qos-ch?o=esb

Announcement mailing list:

You can receive SLF4J/logback/reload4j related announcements by
subscribing QOS.ch announce list, please visit the following URL.

Enjoy,

Sponsoring SLF4J/logback/reload4j at https://github.com/sponsors/qos-ch