[logback-dev] New module/functionality for Native Image

Dmitry Kubakhov kubakhov.dmitry at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:25:15 CET 2022

Hello logback team,

My name is Dmitry. In our development process, we are using java,
micronaut, and logback for logging. Right now we are planning to move to
GraalVM, reactor, and use native-image. The current implementation of the
AsyncAppender and RollingFileAppender has issues with native image - Logback
Jira <https://jira.qos.ch/browse/LOGBACK-1550>. To fix this problem we are
using modified AsyncAppender and RollingFileAppender for native image. We
would like to share these changes, but we do not know the best way to do
it. This native module from our point of view should not be in the main
repository of the logback. There are 2 additional repositories -
logback-extensions <https://github.com/qos-ch/logback-extensions> and
logback-contrib <https://github.com/qos-ch/logback-contrib> - but they are
not maintained anymore. At least, the last releases were in 2018. Please,
can you share your thoughts on this? How we can bring these changes to the
logback users/developers?

Thank you in advance,

Dmitry Kubakhov
Senior Software Developer