[LOGBack-user] Parameterized logging

Rickard Nilsson rickard.nilsson at telia.com
Mon Aug 28 23:28:25 CEST 2006

I'm trying to use the parameterized logging feature in LogBack 0.2.5, but
I can't get it to work. I'm using a basic configuration:

<configuration>

   <appender name="STDOUT"
     class="ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender">
     <layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.PatternLayout">
       <param name="pattern"
         value="%-4relative [%thread] %-5level %class - %msg%n" />
     </layout>
   </appender>

   <root>
     <level value="debug" />
     <appender-ref ref="STDOUT" />
   </root>
</configuration>

When logging debug("Hello {}", obj), I get the logging output "Hello {}".
Is there anything special you have do do in order to get this working? Any
special appenders or layouts? Any special objects as parameters to the
logging function?

Cheers,
   Rickard