[logback-user] How To Use Filters

Yoram Forscher yoramf at envoytech.com
Wed Jan 3 19:52:59 CET 2007

Hi Sebastien,

Happy New Year to you too and thanks for the prompt reply.

You were correct, of course. I was using a previous version of logback,
because the IDE I'm using (Intellij) did not clear WEB-INF/lib before
copying the JAR files, leaving the previous version there.

Now that I use the correct JAR files, the filters work correctly.

One new thing that I noticed, and I think it's a change from previous
versions, is that when creating a context
(LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory()), this context is initialized with
the default configuration which includes a console appender. In order to
start from a clean slate I had to invoke shutdownAndReset() on the
context before loading my own configuration. This is not documented, and
frankly I think this behavior is incorrect.

One last thing: what is the expected behavior of
logger.isDebugEnabled(marker)?

Thanks for your help,

Yoram