[logback-user] log files locked after application undeploy

Syvalta syvalta at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 11:21:56 CEST 2008

I have a minor problem with logback (version 0.99). When I undeploy my web
application the log files are still locked and they remain locked (under
Windows).

How is this supposed to work? Is this expected behavior, or does that mean I
have a resource leak in my application? I see appenders do have stop method,
but I didn't find any overall shutdown method in Logback. How is log file
closing supposed to work?

I have logback.xml in my classpath and I'm not doing any explicit
initialization. I use RollingFileAppender with TimeBasedRollingPolicy.

Many thanks for any help.