[logback-user] I cant use logback-access

David Brocard david.brocard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:49:28 CET 2008

Hi

I am new to Tomcat & logback
I'm using tomcat 5.5.25

I can use logback-classic easiy but not logback-access
I have followed the instructions at http://logback.qos.ch/access.html :

1) core and access jar in server/lib folder
2) <Valve className="ch.qos.logback.access.tomcat.LogbackValve"/> in
th engine tag of the server.xml file
3) logback-access.xml in conf folder :
- <configuration>
   <appender name="STDOUT"
     class="ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender">
     <layout
       class="ch.qos.logback.access.PatternLayout">
       <Pattern>%h %l %u %user %date "%r" %s %b</Pattern>
     </layout>
   </appender>
   <appender-ref ref="STDOUT" />
</configuration>

but nothing works (no log at all, no error message...)

thanks