[logback-user] Running the Demo

Ceki Gulcu listid at qos.ch
Fri Sep 12 15:53:25 CEST 2008

Hello Kimberly,

Thank you for your message. The problem stems from the fact that logback-demo
depends on logback 0.9.10-SNAPSHOT which has not been released publicly. (We
never release SNAPSHOT versions).

You've got two options.

Option 1) Build SLF4J and logback projects from SVN

svn checkout http://svn.slf4j.org/repos/slf4j/trunk MySLF4J
cd MySLF4J
mvn install

cd ..

svn checkout http://svn.qos.ch/repos/logback/trunk/ MyLogback
cd MyLogback
mvn install

Once you build the SNAPSHOT versions of both SLF4J and logback the logback-demo
should work fine.

Option 2) When we test logback during development, we sometimes use
logback-demo, and we reference the latest SNAPSHOT version of logbacl. However,
as your case shows, this is not well-suited for users wishing to start
experimenting with logback. I just created an SVN tag for logback-demo
referencing a stable version of logback.

svn co http://svn.qos.ch/repos/logback-demo/tags/STABLE logback-demo

The problem you reported should go away.
HTH,