[logback-user] Using two separate logback configurations in same app

Silvano Maffeis silvano at maffeis.com
Fri Sep 26 14:41:58 CEST 2008

Hi,

My application holds an already initialized slf4j/logback environment.
Now at some point in my code I would like to create a logback Logger using a
completely different configuration, without inheriting
any configuration settings from the logback environment already defined in
my app (which was done via logback.xml on the classpath),
and also without interfering with the previously created loggers either.

I thought the most natural way would be to create my LoggerFactory instance,
configure it,
and then to create a Logger from there. But that seems not the way how its
done in logback.

Is what I want possible at all? If yes, how?

Thanks!

Silvano