[logback-user] file name question

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Tue Feb 3 11:52:05 CET 2009

Hello Neil,

It might be useful to know that if you don't specify the <file> property for
RollingFileAppender, then the DateBasedRollingPolicy (but not
FixedWindowRollingPolicy) will set the name of the active log file as computed
by the value of <FileNamePattern> *and* the current date.

Coming back your question, there is no way to vary the file name as specified by
the <file> property. There is already  issue LBCORE-68 related to the same
topic. You are welcome to vote on it.

Your second question about the timezone for the %d converter, please enter a
jira issue, as if my memory serves me correctly, there is no way to set the
timezone for this parameter.