[logback-user] Local/Remote config management at runtime

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed Feb 4 16:18:14 CET 2009

Hello Paul,

This is a good idea. There is no reason why should  not be able to accomplish
this on your own. You can invoke Joran at any time passing the configuration
file as reference to a file, a file name, any input stream including
StringInputStream, or a list of SAXEvents.

If you wish to change one or two aspects in the logging environment (logger
level, change the layout of a given appender) you could also apply the changes
programmatically without going through Joran.

Cheers,