[logback-user] Minimal library dependency for logback implementation of RequestLogImpl

Russell E Glaue rglaue at cait.org
Thu Jan 22 18:48:13 CET 2009

Really?

http://www.slf4j.org/
-
SLF4J API offers an advanced abstraction of various logging systems, including
... logback. ...
Logging systems can either choose to implement the the SLF4J interfaces
directly, e.g. logback or ...
-

So what then is the relationship between logback and slf4j ?

When my team has investigated the POM files for logback, we see dependency on
log4j libraries.

The latest POM in trunk show a dependency on slf4j 1.5.6
http://svn.qos.ch/viewvc/logback/trunk/pom.xml?revision=2114
-
<properties>
−
	<!--
 slf4j.version property is used below and in setClasspath.cmd
-->
<slf4j.version>1.5.6</slf4j.version>
<consolePlugin.version>1.1.0</consolePlugin.version>
</properties>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
<artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId>
<version>${slf4j.version}</version>
</dependency>
-

Are the slf4j libraries compiled into and bundled with the logback distribution?

-RG