[logback-user] Jetty Maven config

Brian Moschel brian.moschel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 21:54:27 CEST 2009

Hey guys,
I'm trying to specify my logback.xml location with no luck, and no error or
info messages to help guide me.  I have a Jetty app using Maven for
config/startup.  In my jetty-web.xml I have the following:

<Call name="addHandler">
<Arg>
     <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RequestLogHandler">
       <Set name="requestLog">
         <New id="requestLogImpl"
class="ch.qos.logback.access.jetty.RequestLogImpl">
         <Set name="fileName">${basedir}/src/main/config/logback.xml</Set>
         </New>
       </Set>
     </New>
</Arg>
</Call>
</Configure>

But this logback.xml is not being loaded, its using the default location of
src/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/logback.xml.  If I remove that file, logback
doesn't start.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian