[logback-user] conditionals in logback.xml?

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen thunderaxiom at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:44:22 CEST 2009

Ceki Gulcu skrev  den 04-06-2009 12:52:

> Joran does not come with conditional support. However, it could be
> added. Assuming the necessary support was there, how would the
> conditional segments look like?

Well, I would either think an

<if test="...">
xml snippet
</if>

construction, where the snippet was only evaluated if the test was true, or

<appender-ref ref="..." if="${enable.appender.FOO}">

would be nice.

In any case it would be nice if this mechanism could be used to avoid
constructing unreferenced appenders, as I understand that they are
created when seen in the configuration process.

(Oh, and I found that changes in FileAppender options (changing true to
false, etc) are not picked up when reloading default configuration over
JMX).

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"