[logback-user] Dynamic loggers?

Pradnya Gawade pradnya.gawade7 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 22:41:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am new to logback but if I am understanding your problem correctly, can
following solve it for you?

- create a log file appender targeting the log message to /logs/foo.
- create a logger with logger name matching the package of source code which
is associated with or called for the creation of foo entity
- associate this logger to the file appender created in the earlier step.
This way all the logs in the package related to foo will go inside a file at
log/foo. If you only specific log related to entity creation and all other
log statements in that package to go into log/foo you can make use of
filters on those file appenders, so it will filter out those specific
statements bases on some criteria like log message, log level etc.
I am not sure if you still need to close the logger.

- Pradnya