[logback-user] patternlayout question

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Thu Mar 10 20:40:45 CET 2011

On 10/03/2011 8:29 PM, David Tkaczyk wrote:
> Is there a way to modify the pattern that is used by the logback runtime
> when it is logging messages during startup or configuration change. i.e.
> the messages that show up on the console when you include
> <statusListener
> class=”ch.qos.logback.core.status.OnConsoleStatusListener” /> in your
> configuration file. I’d like to have them match the pattern that I use
> for every other log message.
>
> Without a DTD or XSD it is hard to tell if I can do this via
> configuration XML. It is also not evident if I need to extend a class or
> implement a listener to implement this behavior on my own.
>
> I’m using 0.9.26…..
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Hello Dave,

The output of OnConsoleStatusListener cannot be changed. You need to
write your own implementation and register it instead of
OnConsoleStatusListener.

HTH,
--
QOS.ch, main sponsor of cal10n, logback and slf4j open source projects,
is looking to hire talented software developers. For further details,