[logback-user] Problem Using Custom Layout - No Output

Taylor Venable taylor at metasyntax.net
Wed Mar 16 03:54:36 CET 2011

Hi there, I'm trying to use a custom layout and there's no output
being generated when I log using it. My source code is at
http://ideone.com/3jHWF and my configuration is at
http://ideone.com/VC9iq - with just the first (by itself, currently
commented out) encoder configuration, everything works just fine and
log entries come out on the console. When I add the second (currently
uncommented) encoder configuration, which wraps my custom layout, no
output is emitted. The print statements inside my custom layout
implementation don't appear either. Any ideas? I'm using version
0.9.28 - here's my Java version:

java version "1.6.0_20"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.7) (6b20-1.9.7-0ubuntu1~10.04.1)

Thanks,

--
Taylor C. Venable
http://metasyntax.net/