[logback-user] Problems with MDC's inheritance

Matthias Treydte waldheinz at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:52:58 CEST 2011

Hello,

> call chain. It was quite a nice surprise that MDC data automagically
> appeared in the log files because of the inheritance.

I absolutely agree it's a nice feature and helps to keep the code
clean, just as it did for you. But I also think that Lóránt's and my
objections are valid as well, if not simply because thread pools are
so common. So having the possibility to turn it on/off would be pretty
helpful. I think the "wrong data is worse than no data" argument is
pretty strong.

Kind regards,
-Matthias

relations, for nature cannot be fooled. (R.P. Feynman)