[logback-user] Compression in SiftingAppender

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Thu Nov 10 17:47:10 CET 2011

On 10.11.2011 17:14, TJ Rothwell wrote:
> Ceki,
>
> There was one additional problem I ran into so I'm unable to use the
> stock SizeAndTimeBasedFNATP.
>
> computeCurrentPeriodsHighestCounterValue(String) assumes that it will
> write to the last index'd value even though it was already compressed.

If I understand correctly, computeCurrentPeriodsHighestCounterValue
assumes that the last index points to an uncompressed file, even if it
has the .zip extension. This sounds very much like a big. Could you
please file a big report for this?

> I extended the class to modify this behavior (unfortunately it my class
> must have your package due to the package-priv visibility of this method).

Why don't you fork the project [1] on github? This makes it much easier
to submit patches.

[1] https://github.com/ceki/logback