[logback-user] DuplicateMessageFilter

the KD kevin.ding at realpage.com
Mon Jul 2 22:59:47 CEST 2012

I have a situation where we need to limit the number of errors logged and
sent to production support. I first thought this filter might be useful, but
after analyzing our need, we feel it is not useful.  For example, if I limit
it to 3 times of repetition, how do we now if the error was fixed or it
simply was not thrown due to the filtering?

My suggestion is, it can be more useful for practical purpose if there can
be some "time duration" parameter in it where one specifies, for example, 1
hr, or 1 minute, to indicate that the error cannot be repeated this many
times within certain duration.

Kevin