[logback-user] Getting class packaging information with IThrowableRenderer

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Wed Jun 20 18:00:26 CEST 2012

Hi Thilo,

Here is a way how to find the information with what you already know.
You know that %xEx prints packaging data. If you look in PatternLayout
[1], you'll see that on line 113, the string "xEx" is mapped to
ExtendedThrowableProxyConverter [2]. This class derives from
ThrowableProxyConverter and overrides the extraData() method. In line
25, you'll see that it invokes the subjoinPackagingData() method in
ThrowableProxyUtil to fill in packaging data. See [3] for the
implementation of this method.

Let us know if this puts you on the right track.

http://twitter.com/#!/ceki

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/xref/ch/qos/logback/classic/PatternLayout.html#113
[2]
http://logback.qos.ch/xref/ch/qos/logback/classic/pattern/ExtendedThrowableProxyConverter.html