[logback-user] Tomcat LogBackValve and ${catalina.base}

Xavier Dury kalgon at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 25 13:01:29 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm running multiple instances of tomcat which share a common ${catalina.home} folder while all specific settings are kept in ${catalina.base} folder.

I wanted to use logback-access but noticed LogbackValve uses ${catalina.home} instead of ${catalina.base} when loading loback-access.xml.

Shouldn't that be changed to ${catalina.base} knowing that ${catalina.base} defaults to ${catalina.home} when not specified?

Regards,

Xavier