[logback-user] JMX registration on WebLogic 12.1.1

gbonk g at bonk.cc
Thu Feb 28 17:33:58 CET 2013

I've followed the documentation and my mBeans register them selves just fine
in my instance of WebLogic ( now oracle 12.1.1c ).

My problem is that when I invoke "setLoggerLevel" the update is not
reflected in my Web Service endpoint when I'm writing a logging message.

I've debugged this a little and it looks to me that there are two different
LoggerContexts.  The JMX mBean is using a different one then my application
is.

When debugging the mBean I can see that the logger level has been set for
logger(id=128)  but my endpoint the logger instance is different (id=239)
therefore it appears they are two different contexts.

Any ideas on how to fix this ?