[logback-user] Bridging Log4J over SLF4J and the lack of Log4J Logger.setLevel()

Robert Elliot rob at lidalia.org.uk
Mon Jan 7 18:47:18 CET 2013

Not really - setting a level is implementation specific, a valid SLF4J implementation might not even allow setting levels on a Logger. A library should not be doing it anyway - what level of messages the end application is interested in doing something with should be the business of the end application, not the library.

If it's the end application code that wants to dynamically set the level then that bit of code should be ported to whatever SLF4J implementation you are planning on using.

Rob