[logback-user] How to determine if the Logback Framemwork is properly configured?

Brett Walker brett.walker at geometryit.com
Sat Jan 12 09:33:51 CET 2013

Hi,

I have a need to determine programmatically if the Logback Framework if properly configured.

I'm aware that if Logback encounters an error during configuration that it prints status messages to the console.

I'm writing a standalone GUI application that won't have a console. Also the targeted audience will not be familiar with logs

 Before the application can proceed past initialization; I need to be assured, programmatically, that the logging framework is properly configured; i.e. that log messages are being written to the log file and no other errors have been occurred.

Do I have to scan the status messages for message of WARN and ERROR level or is there some simpler means of determining the configuration status of the Logback framework.

Brett