[logback-user] Log events delivery guarantee.

David Roussel nabble at diroussel.xsmail.com
Fri Jun 2 21:31:00 CEST 2017

If you absolutely want to be sure that logs are recorded, to the extent
that a failure to log should mean the transaction should be retried then
log back is not he right choice of API.
If the above doesn't apply then ignore the rest of this reply.

Logback API was designed with this property in mind. No IO error will
ever propagate to the application. And the Unix API philosophy is that
any IO call can fail, and should be retried.
Sure you can get local daemons that will successfully replicate your
logs from disk to another machine, but there are plenty of things that
can go wrong locally that you should consider.