[logback-user] vjdbc.jar Disables Logback?

Scott Dudley scott.dudley at mdsl.com
Fri Oct 11 22:12:44 CEST 2019

​
I recently attempted to reintroduce vjdbc.jar (http://vjdbc.sourceforge.net/) to my project only to discover that on doing so, logback (slf4j) is disabled and all logging goes to stdout.

Following are the applicable jars in my CLASSPATH:

jcl-over-slf4j-1.6.1.jar
jul-to-slf4j-1.7.24.jar
log4j-over-slf4j-1.6.1.jar
logback-access-1.0.13.jar
logback-classic-1.0.13.jar
logback-core-1.0.13.jar
slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar
vjdbc.jar

The MANIFEST.MF in vjdbc.jar contains no classpath info nor does the jar contain a logback.xml, etc.

How could introduction of this jar to my classpath disable logback altogether?

Thanks.

Scott Dudley

This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and may contain privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of MDSL.