[logback-user] Create rolling file after application startup without losing events?

Mark Raynsford list+ch.qos.logback at io7m.com
Sat Apr 18 17:22:23 CEST 2020

Hello!

I have a small application that uses a rolling file appender in
addition to logging to the console. I use the following small library to
respect the various desktop standards on different platforms:

  https://www.io7m.com/software/jade/

Essentially, the problem I'm facing is that, for the file output, I
don't know exactly where I'm going to log to until very shortly after
application startup. Is it possible to defer the instantiation of the
rolling file appender until I've worked out where the log files are
going to go?

I've tried to configure one programmatically, but it seems that the
rolling file appender package is not exported.

--
Mark Raynsford | https://www.io7m.com