[logback-user] HTMLLayout mail content change

Alexander Curvers acurvers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 23:29:53 CET 2020

Dear mailinglist subscribers

i would like to ask some help with a logback log mail change i want to make.

I am using

ch.qos.logback.classic.net.SMTPAppender

with
<cyclicBufferTracker class="*ch.qos.logback.core.spi.CyclicBufferTracke*r">
            <bufferSize>4</bufferSize>
        </cyclicBufferTracker>
        <layout class="c*h.qos.logback.classic.html.HTMLLayout"*/>

The error mails i receive inform me about ERRORS by mail

the thing is i would like text not to get truncated

i see some messages appear as:

Read "application/json;charset=UTF-8" to [ProfileTextDto(text=bla bla bla
bla( (truncated)...]

it is unclear to me what exactly gets truncated, and i wonder if its easy
to switch the truncating of by a setting or extending the class. I searched
but did not find a solution

thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Alexander