[logback-user] Proper legacy bridging and initialization, by example

Zac Harvey bitbythecron at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 21:09:12 CEST 2022

Hello I just want to make sure I am understanding your user manual
(specifically https://www.slf4j.org/legacy.html) correctly:

Sounds like if I put the following JARs on my runtime classpath I can pump
logs made from other logging systems and send them to the same SLF4J
appenders my app is using:

   - jcl-over-slf4j.jar --> JCL
   - log4j-over-slf4j.jar --> Log4J
   - jul-to-slf4j.jar --> JUL
      - requires I call two SLF4JBridgeHandler methods (
      removeHandlersForRootLogger() and install()) at app startup in order
      to work

Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks in advance!