[logback-user] Publish a project that use logback under MIT license

Ralph Goers rgoers at apache.org
Fri Jun 10 17:50:24 CEST 2022

I am not a lawyer and you are not likely to find one on this list.

That said, the license you choose only applies to your code, not dependencies your code uses.
However, users of your code have to consider the ramifications of all the dependencies you use.

But if you are using Logback you almost certainly are using SLF4J as your logging API. SLF4J
uses the MIT license, which pretty much allows anyone to do anything. In other words, you will
never have a licensing problem with code that uses it.

If, for some reason, users aren’t comfortable with the EPL, they can pick other logging frameworks
that support SLF4J. But it is very unlikely anyone would have a problem using code that uses the
EPL license.

Ralph