[logback-user] Upgrading Logback Classic from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9 causes ClassNotFoundException: ch.qos.logback.classic.spi.Configurator

dcmoeller at gmx.de dcmoeller at gmx.de
Tue Aug 29 09:03:14 CEST 2023

Hi Ceki,

back from vacation :-)

So if I get it right, upgrading LogBack from 1.3.8 to 1.3.11 might break
my code because of some refactorings you do on its code base, announced
by a Deprecation-flag/-warning/-annotation.

Hm, I personally would *not* expect such (occasionally client-breaking)
modifications to appear with patch-level updates: Within version
1.4/5.x, I think that would be more appropriate.

Let's hope that all upstream frameworks/users/etc. quickly adapt their
codebase(s). In the meantime, my projects have to stay with 1.3.8.

Just my two cents ... :-)

Regards

Christian