[logback-user] ServletContainerInitializer cannot be found by ch.qos.logback.classic_1.4.8 (in OSGi application)

Benno Luthiger luthiger at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 17:35:10 CEST 2023

Hello everybody,

In my OSGi application, I use *ch.qos.logback.classic* (1.4.8) for logging.

For this reason I have included, among others, the bundle
ch.qos.logback.classic_1.4.8. However, this leads to the following
error message:

*java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
jakarta.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer cannot be found by
ch.qos.logback.classic_1.4.8*

I get this error even when I have started the bundle
jakarta.servlet-api_6.0.0 (containing
jakarta.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer).

How should I proceed to solve this problem?

Best,
Benno