[logback-user] Getting duplicate messages when using a custom Configurator

logback users list logback-user at qos.ch
Thu May 4 15:52:32 CEST 2023

Hi again,

Of course, I sent the email after spending all morning on it and then I
worked it out.
The problem was in the method I didn't send:

   @Override
   @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
   public ExecutionStatus configure(LoggerContext lc) {
     configure(lc, !Strings.isNullOrEmpty(System.getenv(KUBERNETES_ENV_KEY)));
     return ExecutionStatus.DO_NOT_INVOKE_NEXT_IF_ANY;
   }

I was returning ExecutionStatus.NEUTRAL, which I think was allowing
BasicConfigurator to run after mine.

As things stand now it shouldn't matter what order Configurators are
called in, if mine is called first no others will be invoked and if mine
is called last it clears everything else out.

Jim