[slf4j-dev] SLF4J Implementation for Simple Log

Graham Lea grlea at dev.java.net
Wed Aug 10 04:03:00 CEST 2005

I've just released a SLF4J implementation that integrates with Simple Log
(https://simple-log.dev.java.net/).

As I've never combined two open source products with different licences
before, I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm that I've done enough to
conform with the SLF4J licence.

Here's what I've done:

- Imported all the SF4J java source files into my code base.

- Kept all the copyright and licence statements as they were.

- Deleted everything under .impl except for MessageFormatter.

- Modified LoggerFactory and added my name to the @author tag with the
following note:
"Graham Lea (modifications for Simple Log)"

- Created my own Logger and LoggerFA implementations, with my own
copyright statement and specifying Apache 2.0 as the licence.

- Compiled all of these and packaged them into a single JAR

- The jar includes the Apache licence under meta-inf/simple-log and the
SLF4J licence under meta-inf/slf4j

- Put this JAR into my main release ZIP, under an adapters/ subdirectory

- Copied the slf4j licence into that same subdirectory

- On the downloads page, where the adapter JAR can be downloaded
independently of the release ZIP, published a link to the SLF4J licence
directly beneath the JAR link, with the statement:
"Portions of the SLF4J adapter are Copyright (c) 2004-2005 SLF4J.ORG and
are covered by the SLF4J License."
(See https://simple-log.dev.java.net/downloads.html)

I've just realised that there's no reference to the SLF4J licence in the
README. If you'd like me to add one, I'm happy to do so.

Please advise whether you believe I have conformed with your licence or if
you think there's something I should have done that I have not done.

Thanks very much,

Graham.