[slf4j-dev] svn commit: r1165 - slf4j/trunk

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Thu Oct 2 22:15:59 CEST 2008

Ceki Gulcu skrev:
> Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
>

>> Any particular reason you wrote a Perl script instead of using the Ant
>> Replace task?
>>

> Here is the rationale. As the release manager, I am the only one who runs the
> script. The Ant equivalent of the script would not gain much except the
> dependency on Perl (which I don't mind). Again, running the script is not an
> operation other developers are supposed to perform. Does that make sense?

Sure.   I was just wondering why.   As you know my personal preference
is to be able to automatically bring up the build environment and then
do the complete build all the way to the dry run simulating the release
(otherwise you cannot test it).  Bringing in non-Java dependencies
complicates this unnecessarily, and tie you to a given platform.

But again, this is your project and  you can do as you like :)
> Anyway, if you care to write the equivalent Ant script, I'd happily get rid of
> the perl one.

For now, no.  Such things needs to be done "just-in-time" by the person
who needs it.

/Thorbjørn