[slf4j-dev] slf4j i8ln

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Mon Aug 24 21:56:38 CEST 2009

Takeshi Kondo wrote:
> Hi Ceki
>
> I know filters. I'm heavy log4j user.

There are logging frameworks other than log4j. :-)

> In other times I discussed on Makers,
> I want to change log level to info from debug to analyze system crash.

> Your approach is event filtering and can't move up the log level.

The fact that it can't be done in log4j does not mean that it can't be done.

>  And if it is no need of log event, it is better to filter log event as
> soon as possible.

That really depends. As far as performance is concerned, the importance part is
to perform internationalization only *after* the change of log level.

> The first filtering point is the point evaluating log level.

We could have different filtering points.

> I don't understand you don't introduce changing log event.

Because different alternatives need to be considered. Again, I am not dismissing
you proposal.

> Are there are another way of changing the logging level?

See above and my previous message.