[slf4j-dev] Any interest in adding Gossip provider to SLF4j?

Jason Dillon jason at planet57.com
Sun Jul 5 11:00:09 CEST 2009

Hi, I have written a simple, small, SLF4j provider called Gossip:

     http://groovy.codehaus.org/gmaven-generated/gmaven-support/slf4j-gossip/index.html
     http://groovy.codehaus.org/GMaven+-+Advanced+Configuration
     http://svn.codehaus.org/groovy/gmaven/trunk/gmaven-support/slf4j-gossip/

It is very small, but also flexible enough to allow users to configure
their logging outputs.  This was crafted out of a desire for more
logging control for Maven plugins, but I think that the system is
generically usable.

It supports a very Maven-like system of profiles, Log4j-like patterns,
and tries to be as lean as possible while allowing users to configure
their desired logging environment.

It is not perfect, it is kinda "good enough" for the Maven plugins I
wrote to use it.  It could certainly use a little more work.

  * * *

I am wondering if the SLF4j community might like to include this in
their codebase, as a medium between slf4j-simple and slf4j-log4j (or
logback)?

--jason