[slf4j-dev] Comments on scala-api

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Mon Nov 1 22:28:26 CET 2010

Hello Heiko,

Looking at logger.scala, I was wondering why the Logger trait was a
trait and not a class. I understand that as a trait any class can mixin
Logger and methods such as debug(), info() would be available in that
class. However, there is already a trait caller Logging which allows the
mixing class to write logger.debug("...").

It seems to me that the Logging trait is sufficient in most cases. I
would like to propose to make Logger a class instead of a Trait and to
get rid of DefaultLogger. This would make the code a little simpler
without loss of "desired" flexibility. I don't think we should allow
classes to write just debug("...") or should we?

WDYT?