[slf4j-dev] OSGi support in slf4j

Heiko Seeberger heiko.seeberger at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 16 09:01:29 CEST 2010

Gunnar,

Thanks for your input!
You know, you are doing evil proprietary things ;-)

Heiko

On 16 September 2010 08:58, Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar at wagenknecht.org>wrote:

> Am 16.09.2010 07:57, schrieb Heiko Seeberger:
> >     If I remember well the import is not marked as optional because the
> >     bundle does not work unless there is in fact a bundle that provides
> >     the org.slf4j.impl package. I don't have a strong argument to decide
> >     whether it should be optional or not.
> >

> > It's OK for a bundle to be in a stale state (not working) because of
> > missing dependencies, services, etc.
> > Maybe this case is different, though. I will take a closer look.
>
> If you go with the fragment approach, no import of "org.slf4j.impl" is
> necessary. In order to ensure that at least (as well as at most) one
> implementation is available, we use the GenericRequire bundle header as
> well as custom p2 instructions for installing one.
>

> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.orbit/org.slf4j.api/?root=Tools_Project&pathrev=v1_6_1
>
> -Gunnar
>
> --
> Gunnar Wagenknecht
> gunnar at wagenknecht.org
> http://wagenknecht.org/

Heiko Seeberger

Company: weiglewilczek.com
Blog: heikoseeberger.name
Follow me: twitter.com/hseeberger
OSGi on Scala: scalamodules.org
Lift, the simply functional web framework: liftweb.net
Akka - Simpler Scalability, Fault-Tolerance, Concurrency & Remoting through
Actors: akkasource.org