[slf4j-dev] Add a logging.properties to jul-to-slf4j?

Robert Elliot rob at lidalia.org.uk
Mon May 7 22:49:23 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Whenever I create an app where I want to redirect java.util.logging to SLF4J I have to remember to do two things - add jul-to-slf4j to the class path and add a logging.properties file with the following format:

handlers = org.slf4j.bridge.SLF4JBridgeHandler

to the class path.

It suddenly occurred to me that it might be simpler just to have that logging.properties file in jul-to-slf4j.  Then it would be job done in one go.

Presumably if you;re including jul-to-slf4j on the class path then you don't want to configure any other logging…

Any thoughts?

Rob