[slf4j-dev] Fwd: investigation on the diffusion of innovation along with java releases

anandsaw anandsaw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 16:10:59 CEST 2019

Hi Ceki,

Thank you for the response! I am a researcher working with Fernando on this
and had some follow up questions.

The question we want to answer centers around the SLF4J interface itself.
There has been this issue on the SLF4J API for a while:
https://jira.qos.ch/browse/SLF4J-371. There appear to be a few workarounds
that developers have implemented to provide a fluent interface with SLF4J.
Even, Log4J changed its interface to take a lambda expression as a param and
allow for lazy evaluation of the expression, thereby providing the client
with a performance benefit. I see that the discussion on this has been more
active recently, but is there any reason as to why SLF4J did not make a
similar change? Are there concrete plans to introduce this change soon?

Regards,
Anand Sawant.

--
Sent from: http://slf4j.42922.n3.nabble.com/slf4j-dev-f41812.html