[slf4j-user] Varargs for Logger methods

Martin Gilday martin.lists at imap.cc
Sat Oct 14 17:30:17 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have just been evaluating SLFJ, looking to move over from JCL.  I was
pleased to come across the conveience log statements that reduce the
need for isDebugEnabled if statements. My immediate reaction to this was
that it would be a great place to use varargs.  Searching this mailing
list showed that this had been discussed before, with the outcome that
it would not be added at the present time.  Has there been any more
thought given to integrating vararg support?  Alternatively has any side
projects or extensions been produced that do this for log4j/logback?

Thanks,
Martin Gilday.