[slf4j-user] log4j-over-slf4j Category does not have addAppender method?

Paul G ps.grove at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 9 20:18:57 CEST 2009

I have some legacy code which has a dependency on log4j 1.2.8 in this code it
calls Logger.addAppender which is actually on the super class Category. When
I run the code with log4j-over-slf4j the code bombs out as it calls
Logger.addAppender which is not implemented in the slf4j log4j bridge. Is
this a known issue, any way I can patch the code to work?

Cheers
Paul
:-(