[slf4j-user] Maven logging binding for SLF4J?

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Thu Aug 25 17:06:32 CEST 2011

The license used in Yegor's code looks like it is BSD licensed (as is
SLF4J) but copyrighted by REMPL.com which we cannot host at slf4j.org.
You can either ask Yegor to donate his code or rewrite
slf4j-maven/slf4j-mojo from scratch.

Once you have a handle on the maven logger, see [1], the rest should be
a trivial exercise. Just look at how slf4j-nop and slf4j-log4j12 are
written. The only interesting question is the injection of the maven
logger into your slf4j-binding, i.e. the MavenLoggerFactory instance.

I imagine that would have to have a plugin with a mojo, say SLF4JMojo
which would have a maven logger injected to it. The SLF4JMojo would then
inject that logger into MavenLoggerFactory. The SLF4JMojo would need to
be invoked at an early stage, say 'validate' or some such.

Also note that SLF4J has a very slow release cycle. I would suggest to
develop slf4j-maven/slf4j-mojo in a separate project with a different
release cycle. Nevertheless, slf4j-maven/slf4j-mojo could be pushed into
the maven repo under the org.slf4j groupId.

Cheers,

[1]
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/writing-plugins-sect-custom-plugin.html#writing-plugins-sect-logging