[slf4j-user] Who is still deploying slf4j-android and where is it's current source code hosted?

Sebastian Kürten sebastian.kuerten at fu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 14 13:55:59 CET 2023

Hi everyone,

I'm using slf4j a lot and am happy with logback on desktops and
servers. I'm also using it on Android, but there the situation seems
to be a bit unsatisfying at the moment and since quite a while. In the
past there has been slf4j-android which seems to have worked fine on
the 1.X series. In a different project I'm involved with, we use
logback-android[1] instead. Unfortunately, logback-android has not been
migrated to slf4j 2.X and it also seems to be non-trivial[2]. I was
wondering about the state of slf4j-android as an alternative to the
problematic logback-android and now found out it has been discontinued
in 2017[3]. This makes me wonder however: who has been deploying new
versions in the 1.7.X series for it since then? There's been more than
10 releases[4] since the end of 2017 and from the point of view the
project doesn't seem dead at all. It confuses me though, because I
cannot find a repository that has the current source code where I could
track the changes from 1.7.23 up to 1.7.36. Any idea if there's still
an official and public repository for slf4j-android?

Thanks,
Sebastian

[1] https://github.com/tony19/logback-android/
[2] https://github.com/tony19/logback-android/pull/297