[slf4j-announce] Release of SLF4J 1.5.4

Ceki Gulcu listid at qos.ch
Thu Oct 16 19:22:56 CEST 2008

October 16th, 2008 - Release of SLF4J 1.5.4

I am happy to announce the the immediate availability of SLF4J version
1.5.4.

This version corrects critical bugs.  You are highly encouraged to
upgrade to SLF4J version 1.5.4. The upgrade should pose no
problems. Nevertheless, you might still want to refer to the
compatibility report for this version.

Fixed critical bug 106. In previous versions of SLF4J, if during the
initial binding phase, the underlying logging system's default
configuration created or invoked loggers, a NullPointerException would
be thrown. Refer to the in error codes document at

   http://slf4j.org/codes.html#substituteLogger

for a fuller explanation.

At initialization time, LoggerFactory will now check that the version
of the slf4j-binding matches that of slf4j-api. If there is a mismatch
a warning will be issued on the console. This should help users
identify SLF4J related problems more quickly.

Improvements in documentation as well as fix for packaging problems
related to slf4j-ext module.

SLF4JBridgeHandler (part of jul-to-slf4j) now accounts for loggers
with resourceBundle as well parameters. This feature requested by
Darryl Smith in bug 98 and by Jarek Gawor in bug 103.

We now say that markers contain references to other markers. We no
longer talk about child markers. The javadocs of the Marker interface
have been updated to reflect this change. Moreover, the hasChildren()
method in the Marker interface has been deprecated and a new method
called hasReferences() was added.

See also the compatibility report for this version available at

     http://slf4j.org/compatibility.html#1_5_4

You can download SLF4J, including full source code, class files and
documentation on our download page, shown below.

              http://www.slf4j.org/download.html

You can receive SLF4J related announcements by subscribing to the
SLF4J announce mailing list. To subscribe to SLF4J-announce list,
please visit the following URL.

Enjoy,