[slf4j-announce] Release of SLF4J 1.5.5

Ceki Gulcu listid at qos.ch
Fri Oct 17 18:03:22 CEST 2008

October 17th, 2008 - Release of SLF4J 1.5.5

Version 1.5.5 comes less than 24 hours after release 1.5.4. We
realized that the version check mechanism introduced in SLF4J 1.5.4
was inconsistent with the large size of SLF4J's installed user
base. We cannot expect external SLF4J implementations to align their
release schedule with that of SLF4J. Consequently, this SLF4J version,
namely 1.5.5, retains versions checks but as an elective process. For
further details see the relevant entry in the FAQ:

   http://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#version_checks

You are highly encouraged to upgrade to SLF4J version 1.5.5. The
upgrade should pose no problems. Nevertheless, you might still want to
refer to the SLF4J compatibility report:

      http://slf4j.org/compatibility.html#1_5_4

You can download SLF4J, including full source code, class files and
documentation on our download page, shown below.

               http://www.slf4j.org/download.html

You can receive SLF4J related announcements by subscribing to the
SLF4J announce mailing list. To subscribe to SLF4J-announce list,
please visit the following URL.

Enjoy,