[logback-dev] Git as a version control system?

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Fri Aug 7 09:59:45 CEST 2009

Hi Robert,

While I agree that tool support around git is still lacking, given its
rising popularity, tool support will eventually follow. From what I
know, it is possible to keep an SVN repository synchronized with a git
repository. Thus, during a transitional period (which may last several
years), we could publicize both an SVN and a git repository.

My question is then whether moving to git is worth the trouble and
whether it will encourage contributions by making it easier for
developers to contribute. From a strictly personal point of view, the
fact that git works in disconnected mode is a killer feature.