[logback-dev] Git as a version control system?

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Tue Sep 22 11:57:19 CEST 2009

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
> Ceki Gulcu skrev  den 07-08-2009 16:55:
>>
>> My impression is that some time in the future, git will be added to
>> the list of software that any os developer will be required to know,
>> similar to CVS or SVN today. Time will tell. Anyway, for "legacy
>> developers", we could continue to export into an SVN repo.
>>
> Hi Ceki.
>
> We - at my work - have reached the point where we need to replace CVS
> with something better, so I am basically going through the same thoughts
> that you are.
>
> Did you reach a decision on migrating to git?  If so, when?

Hello,

I really like git and am glad to have migrated. It has several features that
stand out:

- local repo

The git repo is local which means that you can work for days without an internet
connection.  A killer feature if there is one.

- Blazingly fast.

Sometimes, Git completes an operation so quickly that I re-execute it just to
make sure that my command was executed.

- Distributed

Git allows you to coordinate your work with several repos

As far as I am concerned, Git is just a better SVN.

Cheers,