[logback-user] varargs

Sebastien Pennec sebastien at qos.ch
Wed Nov 8 11:00:00 CET 2006

Hello,

You are right: if you want to start a debate on the reasons for JDK 1.4 compatibility
of SLF4J, you might have a better result in starting it around there[1]. :)

About the relationship between SLF4J and logback, we strongly believe that, by
using SLF4J, users will have the most freedom. Using SLF4J is a prudent choice for
developers, letting them choose their logging framework of choice at deployment time.

On the other hand, we are building logback and it really is a great framework. It has
a broader scope than other frameworks, a different architecture and is built on work
done by Ceki (log4j's founder and author of most of the code) for log4j 1.2 and 1.3.
Logback also contains quite a few new possibilities.

For more informations, you might want to take a look at the presentation we are
working on. Ceki will be soon presenting in Geneva the top 10 reasons for migrating
to logback. There is a powerpoint file[2] online that is pretty interesting.

Sébastien

[2]http://logback.qos.ch/10reasons.ppt